Salads are one of my easy go to meals. Whether it’s lunch or dinner they are easy to whip up, use the simplest of ingredients, and are so easy to personalize just by adding in a few ingredients.
Salads are not just for vegetarians or anyone on a diet, just add in a meat of your choice and carb up or down as you please and you have a meal fit for any kind of eater!
Salads are one of my go to easy meals. Whether it’s lunch or dinner they are easy to whip up, use the simplest of ingredients, and are easy to personalize just by adding in a few ingredients.
Here’s my version of a citrus, tofu, & goat cheese salad.
• 1/2 bag mixed salad greens, washed & dried • 1 - 2 oranges or satsumas, peeled & sliced • 55g goat cheese
Orange Glazed Tofu • 1/2 block tofu or 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder • 1/2 teaspoon salt • 1/4 teaspoon pepper • 1 teaspoon olive oil • juice from 1 orange • 1 tablespoon maple syrup • 1 teaspoon corn starch dissolved in 1 teaspoon cold water
Tahini Dressing • 1 tablespoon tahini • 1 teaspoon sumac • 2 teaspoons lemon juice • 1 teaspoon salt • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Orange Glazed Tofu
• Preheat the oven to 350ºF and toss tofu with olive oil, salt, pepper and bake in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes or until browned and crispy on the ends.
• In a pan add in the orange juice, maple syrup, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, & pepper and allow to simmer.
• Then add in the corn starch slurry and stir till it has a nice & sticky consistency.
• Once the tofu is ready add and toss in the orange glaze.
• In a bowl whisk together tahini, lemon juice, salt, sumac, pepper, & a little garlic powder.
• You want it to be a drizzle-able consistency so if this is a little thick, thin it out with a few drops of water.
• Peel & slice the oranges & set aside.
• On a bed of greens lay the the oranges, tofu/chicken, dot with goat cheese, and drizzle with the dressing.
• You can add in toasted sesame seeds or pecans for some crunch.